It’s bobsleigh time: Jamaican team raises $25,000 in Dogecoin [theguardian.com]
A group of supporters has raised more than $25,000 in the internet currency Dogecoin to let the Jamaican bobsleigh team attend the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
On Sunday, news broke that the team had qualified for the Winter Olympics for the first time since 2002. The two-man sled will be piloted by Winston Watt, a 46-year-old Jamaican-American who also competed in 2002, with Marvin Dixon as the brakeman.
But Watt revealed that, even after putting his own money up to fly the team to his training session, there wasn\’t enough money to send the two to Russia. As a result, he turned to donations, launching a PayPal account to pay for the estimated $40,000
About plerudulierPrimarily interested in interacting and engaging with people about issues related to profession but also charity, environment, ... you get the idea.
Posts most recently liked
Blogs I Follow
- demontvalon1 le blog
- Invention - Europe
- Les mille et une facettes
- Simplify Tasks
- Mademoiselle Maeve
- Forum Génération Changement
- Bill Wirtz
- Le magazine en ligne de la Fondation littéraire Fleur de Lys
- یادداشتهای روزانه اسماعیل اصلانی دیرانلو
- Urban Food Futures
- Média des innovations agricoles
- Télégraphe 78
- Miss Marks Blogs
- Java and Junket
- Teaching History, Technology, and random otherness
- Paul's Project Server and Project Online Blog
- Steve Goodyear