Everything I own fits in my backpack—this is how I do it
About two or three years ago, I decided I wanted to start to declutter my life gradually. I count the following things as my belongings at this point:
- 6 t-shirts;
- 2 sweaters, 2 hoodies;
- 1 coat;
- 2 pairs of dress-pant sweatpants;
- 6 pairs of socks and boxer shorts;
- 1 backpack;
- 1 iPhone, 1 Kindle, 1 Notepad and 1 MacBook Air (+ keyboard and mouse);
- Gym shoes and gym shorts;
- Various toiletries like toothbrush, contact lenses, etc.
When I say “things that I count,” it does actually mean that I’m somewhat cheating. I did only live with the above things until I moved into an apartment earlier in 2014. Since then I bought some kitchen utensils as well as a mattress, bed, a couch, some lamps and a desk. I do plan on getting rid of these things in early May again, so I’m putting them on a “temporary” list in the meantime, separately.
Declutter your life…
View original post 641 more words